Ultaire AKP is an innovative high-performance polymer specifically formulated for dental applications. Ultaire AKP replaces the traditional cobalt chrome used for cast framework partials with a rigid, lightweight and highly aesthetic metal-free option that patients and dentists will appreciate. Ultaire AKP frames are digitally designed and milled resulting in a superior fit.
- To serve as a splint to support periodontally involved teeth
- Allergic reaction or side-effects from cast-frame partials
- Kennedy Classes I, II and III and modifications
- Aesthetic concerns with cast-frame partials
- Lack of suitable teeth to support, stabilize and retain the prosthesis
- Severe caries or periodontal conditions that threaten the abutment teeth
- Kennedy Class IV
Advantages / Benefits
- Taste-free; No change in food taste
- Lightweight as compared to cast frames
- Tooth-borne retention; Less strain on remaining bone
- Stronger than acrylic and acetal metal-free alternatives
- Biocompatible and non-irritant
- High level of aesthetics due to the tooth-shaded color and staining options
- CAD-CAM workflow, design and fit
- Made in the USA
Ultaire AKP frames should fit retentively at the initial seating without being too tight. Their fit will not change over time, but should be referred to the lab for modification if lacking retention.
Standard Framework RPD cleaning recommendations and materials can be used with Ultaire AKP partials.
Adjusting & Polishing Recommendations
Ultaire AKP frames can be adjusted with standard dental instruments. Avoid using excessive force when altering the frame, as it can break when being modified outside the mouth. Unlike cast frames, Ultaire AKP frames and clasps cannot be bent. Tightening should not be necessary as fit will not change over time. If a clasp breaks, please take a standard pick-up impression of the partial in the mouth and return to the lab.
What to Send
- Upper and lower models, impressions or scans with tooth preparations
- Tooth shade
- Bite registration
Dental Insurance Codes
- D5225 – Maxillary partial denture – flexible base including any clasps, rests and teeth
- D5226 – Mandibular partial denture – flexible base including any clasps, rests and teeth
- Ultaire AKP follows flexible partial coding guidelines
1-year warranty for break and fracture during normal use