Sleep apnea is the temporary cessation of breathing during sleep. Typically indicated by snoring, sufferers tend to awaken, gasping for breath. Apnea related disturbances occur repeatedly, resulting in a restless sleep and daytime drowsiness. This disease can cause serious health issues including increased blood pressure and the restriction of oxygen to the brain and blood stream.
How It Works
Designed with hardware on its exterior, dreamTAP® offers greater tongue space with no obstructions. The single point of adjustment prevents uneven bilateral adjustment that may create an irregular bite and jaw discomfort. The hardware in dreamTAP® is made from nickel-free cobalt chromium.
- Alleviate Sleep Apnea: Research shows that dreamTAP® is the most effective oral appliance available for the treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea.1
- Reduce Snoring: AHI (apnea hypopnea index) decreased by 89% in severe Obstructive Sleep Apneaics.2
- Improve patient’s sleep: The quality of their sleep has a huge impact on the overall quality of your patient’s life.
- Increase lateral and protrusive range of motion for increased patient comfort and compliance.
- Anti-snoring device
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- CPAP intolerance
- Loose teeth or dentures
- Central Sleep Apnea
What To Send
- Full upper and lower PVS impressions
- Centric bite registration
- Maximum protrusive measurement
1Thornton Meta-Analysis, 2015. Unpublished
2Hoekema A. et al, Simulated driving in obstructive sleep apnoea-hypopnoea; effects of oral appliances and continuous positive airway pressure (Sleep Breath, 2007), 11:129-138.