Verotek™ FCZ (full-contour zirconia)
is a new option for posterior restorations. With these virtually unbreakable all-ceramic crowns, you can provide your patients with the strength to withstand severe para-functional activity while avoiding metal-based restorations. Verotek™ FCZ is a full contour zirconia crown or bridge material that is solid, with no porcelain overlay. It is glazed with a smooth wear-kind surface and engineered specifically for posterior restorations. Verotek™ FCZ is sintered for 12 hours at 1580⁰ C, resulting in a homogenous and virtually indestructible restoration.
Verotek™ FCZ Advantages
- Ideal for patients with bruxism and parafunction who have destroyed other restorations
- An aesthetic alternative to posterior PFMs with metal occlusals and full-cast crowns
- Improved gradation of color as compared to BruxZir® zirconia
- Available for single units and bridges with no span limitation
- Flexural strength of 1100 MPa
- Biocompatible medical-grade zirconia
- Monolithic structure makes the restoration nearly chip-proof
- Fabricated using CAD/CAM technology for precision fit and marginal accuracy
- Resin-reinforced glass ionomer cement: RelyX (3M ESPE), Fuji Plus (GC America)
- Resin cements for short or over-tapered preparations: Unicem (3M ESPE)
- Ceramir C & B (Doxa)
- Feather-edge or slight chamfer margin preferred
- A conservative preparation similar to full-cast gold is possible due to high strength
- 1.0mm of occlusal reduction is ideal
Research has shown that saliva contamination can inhibit the bond of solid zirconia and zirconia oxide copings. To successfully remove saliva, it is suggested that after try-in and before priming, the crown should be cleaned with Ivoclean, a zirconia oxide solution from Ivoclar-Vivadent.
The suggested protocol is:
- Try in Verotek™ restoration;
- Rinse saliva out of restoration with water;
- Place Ivoclean in restoration for 20 seconds, rinse and dry;
- Apply Primer and then cement with product of your choice.
We can accept your digital intra-oral scans for Verotek™ FCZ restorations. Call for information on how to receive accurate Verotek™ restorations without a model for an efficient workflow that can save your practice time and money!
Dental Insurance Codes
- D2740 Crown - Porcelain/Ceramic Substrate
- D6245 Pontic Porcelain/Ceramic
- D6740 Abutment Crown Porcelain/Ceramic