For edentulous patients desiring a stable, aesthetic prosthesis, the Implant Bar Overdenture could be the perfect choice to help improve retention, function and speech. A Bar Overdenture connects the patient’s implants to each other via a fabricated bar that helps protect the individual implants by spreading out the bite load. The complete denture then fits securely over the implants for great stability.
- Distributes occlusal loads more evenly across all the implants
- Restricts movement of the complete denture
- Provides a stable option for patients with missing teeth
- Supports the denture while taking pressure off the gum tissue
- Provides for better retention and comfort than a conventional denture
- For patients with a heavy bite
- When the implants have been placed in softer bone
- When significant bone loss has occurred and there is not enough ridge height to provide lateral resistance
Dental Insurance Codes
- D6920 - Connector bar - A device attached to a fixed partial denture retainer or coping which serves to stabilize and anchor a removable overdenture prosthesis.